The road to Muir Woods was ridiculously steep and curvy. We were glad to arrive.
Photos cannot capture the feeling of walking among these monstrous living wonders.
We explored a few of the trails. Most of these trees are 600 to 750 years old. This cross section of a fallen tree shows it to have lived for over one thousand years.
Benna was drawn to the many burn scars and hollowed out bases of the trees. Most were off the trail but others were fair play for climbing into.
The crowds were getting pretty thick so we headed for the exit. I was amazed to see that there was a long line to get in and cars were parked for about a mile down the road. The place has hardly any on site parking and it really does get crowded.
We drove to the Marine Mammal Center next. I did not take any pictures because there was not much to see. The drive was pretty, and we will return to this area in two days.
At that point we were getting hungry so we drove back to Tiburon, had some lunch and packed up our bags.
We fought through rush hour traffic to Ellen and Kevin's place. I forgot to bring the camera to Dinner. We went to a Japanese restaurant where I had sushi and Benna had udon and California Roll.
Sleep time.
-- AK








No comments:
Post a Comment